Compare Cheap Flights from Melbourne to Alice Springs, Australia
Looking for cheap flights to Alice Springs from Melbourne? Use Webjet's deal finder to help you compare flights, carriers and seating classes all year round. You'll be sure to find the right flight to match your budget, plans and travel preferences.
|Departure Date||Last Updated^|
Cheapest time to fly to Alice Springs
Best upcoming flight deals
Currency used in Alice Springs
Current Time in Alice Springs
Average Temperature in Alice Springs
Average Rainfall in Alice Springs
See more of Alice Springs
Cheap Melbourne to Alice Springs Flights
Alice Springs is the gateway to Australia's famous Red Centre. It's the perfect base to explore the Outback and its natural wonders such as the iconic Uluru and the red sands of the Simpson Desert.
With seven direct flights each week from Melbourne to Alice Springs, and a journey time of only 2h 50 it's an easy to reach weekend break. Book your trip with Qantas or Virgin Australia and use Webjet to find the cheapest day to fly.
Ready to uncover the wonders of the Northern Territory? Here's everything you need to know about flying from Melbourne to Alice Springs.
Departing from Melbourne Airport
Getting to Melbourne Airport
If you want to keep your transportation costs low, take the public bus to the airport. Routes 478, 479 and 901 operate a daily service to the departure terminals. Tickets cost AUD 4-6, and it will take about 90 minutes to reach the airport.
Catching an early morning or late night flight? Take the Skybus from the city centre. It runs 24 hours a day, and a one-way ticket will set you back AUD 19.
Another option is to take a metered taxi or a ride-sharing service like Uber. A trip from the CBD to the T4 Transport Hub Zone will cost around AUD 55-65.
Parking at Melbourne Airport
There are three different parking options available at Melbourne Airport.
The Value Car Park is the cheapest and gives budget travellers the most value for their money.
If you're planning on staying in Alice Springs for a week or more, leave your car in the Long Term Park. You'll be close to the terminal buildings, and a stay here will cost less than the Premium Terminal Car Park option.
Arriving at Alice Springs Airport
Getting from Alice Springs Airport to Your Hotel
There are no public transport services that run from the airport to Alice Springs.
The best way to get to your accommodation is to take the airport shuttle bus service. A one-way trip costs AUD 16.50, and you'll be dropped off at select hotels and hostels in the city.
If you don't want to share your ride with other passengers, you can take a metered taxi. You'll find the cab drivers waiting outside of the arrival terminal.
There are also several car rental companies at the airport. You can either pre-book your vehicle or choose from what's available when you arrive.
Things to Do in Alice Springs
- Visit the Alice Springs Desert Park. It's a wildlife sanctuary and botanic garden that helps visitors understand the unique ecosystem of the desert. If you have the time, sign up for the guided nocturnal tour to catch a glimpse of the rare and endangered animals.
- Go on a hot air balloon ride. There's no better way to appreciate the beauty of Australia's desert than to see it from above. The flights take off just before dawn, giving you a bird's eye view of the landscape as you watch the sunrise over the plains.
- Follow the Desert Art Trail. Alice Spring has a number of galleries that are home to Central Australian Aboriginal art. It's an excellent way to learn more about their unique culture while also supporting local artists.
- Find ancient rock art. There are several sacred sites around Alice Springs, but the most impressive is the Emily Gap. The drawings tell the story about how the MacDonnell Ranges were created by caterpillars in a battle with their enemies the stink bugs.
- Walk the Larapinta Trail. It's one of the world's great hikes and stretches across 223 km of the Northern Territory. You'll need at least 12 days to complete the entire trail, or you can sign up for a tour that stops by all the highlights and includes stays at luxury safari camps.