Compare Cheap Flights from Hobart to Albany, Australia
Looking for cheap flights to Albany from Hobart? Use Webjet's deal finder to help you compare flights, carriers and seating classes all year round. You'll be sure to find the right flight to match your budget, plans and travel preferences.
|Departure Date||Last Updated^|
*Prices on this page are subject to change without notice, perform a search to view live pricing. Prices are inclusive of taxes and airline surcharges. Webjet fees per flight booking: Webjet Servicing Fee: Domestic $21.95, NZ/Pacific $24.95, International $32.95. Booking Price Guarantee: Domestic $12.95, NZ/Pacific $14.95, International $21.95. Varying payment fees are included in the price breakdown on Webjet’s checkout page, once your payment method has been selected.
^Flight prices are indicative, based on passenger numbers and may vary dependent on your individual flight dates. Prices were found by customers on the date in the right hand column labelled "Last Updated" and may vary. Complete a new search to view live pricing.
Cheapest time to fly to Albany
Best flight deals in September
Cheapest Price from Hobart to Albany
Currency used in Albany
Average Time to Albany
Current Time in Albany
Average Temperature in Albany
Average Rainfall in Albany
See more of Albany
A Guide to Albany
Know Before You Go
- Get online. The city of Albany has a number of free WiFi spots. Head to the Albany Library, the Boat Sheds or use the free internet at Albany Regional Airport while you wait for your flight.
- Visit the Albany Convict Gaol. Built in 1852, it's now a museum with historic presentations of the area, interesting aboriginal artefacts and items from the penal colony days. The museum is open every day from 10:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and there are also special night tours.
- Go camping. There are six campsites in Albany, and five of them are free. Camping at Cape Riche is only AUD 9 per adult per night and is the only camping area that allows cooking fires.
- You don't need to tip. Australia doesn't have a tipping culture, but you can leave your server a 10-15% tip if you feel the service was exceptional.
- Visit the Stirling Range National Park. It's located 80km from the city and is home to magnificent views and rare plants. You can take one of the paths that lead up to the viewpoints, and if you visit in winter, you'll see snow.
Getting Around Albany
- Take the bus. There is a regular bus service that operates five routes around town. Fares start at AUD 2.20 and go up depending on how many zones you pass through.
- Hite the pavements. Albany's CBD is easy to explore on foot. Most of the shops, port and historical precinct are within walking distance of each other.
- Hire a bicycle. If you want to see the town at your own pace, you can hire a bike and ride down the cycleway network. You'll go past Emu Point, Middleton Beach and the shopping precinct.
- Hire a car. If you want to go to any of the surrounding national parks, you'll need to hire a car or sign up for a tour.
When is The Best Time to Visit Albany?
If you like hot weather, plan your trip to Albany in the summer. From November to March, temperatures are at their highest. These months are usually a busy time of year for the town as it's the Australian school holidays. If you want lower hotel rates and cheaper flights, book your trip a few months in advance.
For those that prefer cooler temperatures, visit the city in April or October. There is minimal rainfall, and the weather is comfortable. October is also when the town has it's Albany Train Run. It sees runners tackling a 23 km trail and kids can try a 1.5km event.
Avoid the wet winter months if you want to explore the outdoors. From May to August, most days will be rained out, but the lack of tourism means you'll find cheap hotels and flights. You'll also have the town's attractions to yourself, and there will be zero crowds at the national parks.
Airports in Albany
Albany Regional Airport is located in Western Australia and is also known as the Harry Riggs Airport. It's the largest airport in the Great Southern Region and operates regular flights to Perth with Regional Airlines.
Getting To and From Albany Airport
If you want to rent a car, you'll find Avis and Budget rental desks inside the arrivals terminal. These desks aren't always manned, so it's recommended to book your pick up in advance to ensure someone is there to help you.
The best way to get to and from the airport is with a taxi. The Albany City Cabs provides a 24-hour service from the airport, but you should book in advance. Private airport shuttles are also possible from the airport to help you get to your accommodation quickly and easily.