Compare Cheap Flights from Sydney to Adelaide, Australia
Looking for cheap flights to Adelaide from Sydney? Use Webjet's deal finder to help you compare flights, carriers and seating classes all year round. You'll be sure to find the right flight to match your budget, plans and travel preferences.
*Prices on this page are subject to change without notice, perform a search to view live pricing. Prices are inclusive of taxes and airline surcharges. Webjet fees per flight booking: Webjet Servicing Fee: Domestic $21.95, NZ/Pacific $24.95, International $32.95. Booking Price Guarantee: Domestic $12.95, NZ/Pacific $14.95, International $21.95. Varying payment fees are included in the price breakdown on Webjet’s checkout page, once your payment method has been selected.
Flight prices are indicative, based on passenger numbers and may vary dependent on your individual flight dates. Prices were found by customers on the date in the right hand column labelled "Last Search Update" and may vary. Complete a new search to view live pricing.
Cheap Sydney to Adelaide Flights
Ready to ditch the city and escape to one of Australia's most renowned food and wine regions?
Your flight from Sydney to Adelaide will have you sipping Grange Shiraz in only 1h 40 min. With 112 direct flights a week with either Qantas, Jetstar, Virgin Australia or TigerAir, you won't have a problem finding a route that suits your travel plans.
Grab your suitcase and start planning your perfect weekend break, business trip or family holiday. Here's everything you need to know about flying from Sydney to Adelaide.
Departing from Sydney Airport
Getting to Sydney Airport
The fastest way to get from the city to Sydney Airport is with the train. The T8 Airport Line takes only 13 minutes to reach the departure terminals and runs every 10 minutes between 5:00 a.m. to midnight.
Another budget-friendly option is to take the bus. Hop on board Route 400 and disembark at either the T1 International or T3 Domestic terminals for only AUD 5.60 one way.
A more direct way to get to the airport is to take a taxi or use a ride-sharing service. The travel time from the city is usually 20-minutes, and fares cost around AUD 45-55.
Parking Options at Sydney Airport
- Only visiting Adelaide for the weekend? Park your car in either P1 or P2. The spaces are a short walk to the Domestic Terminals and are available for online bookings.
- If you're travelling to Adelaide for a week or more, the P3 parking option offers the most value for money. It boasts a daily discounted rate and is only a short 8-minute walk from the T2 and T3 domestic terminals.
- For travellers on a budget, your best option is to park your car at the Blu Emu. It's located on Ross Smith Avenue and is a 15-minute bus ride to the terminals. But don't worry about paying extra to get from the parking lot to the airport, there is a free 24-hour shuttle.
Which Domestic Terminal Will Your Sydney to Adelaide Flight Depart From?
If you're flying to Adelaide on a direct flight, head to Terminals 2 or 3 for check-in. Jetstar, Virgin Australia, and TigerAir all depart from Terminal 2, and Qantas flights leave from Terminal 3.
Arriving at Adelaide Airport
Getting from Adelaide Airport to Your Hotel
One of the cheapest ways to get to your hotel is with the Airport City Shuttle. It costs only AUD 10 one-way and will drop you right outside your hotel. The shuttles leave every 30 minutes from the airport and can be booked at the Information and Tourism Bookings Booth on arrival.
Another affordable option is to use the JetBus or JetExpress service. It ruins daily from the airport into the city and tickets are purchased from the bus drivers.
The most direct way to get from Adelaide Airport to your hotel is with a cab. You'll find the taxi ranks outside the terminals to the left of the pedestrian plaza. Ride-sharing services are also available, and the pickup area is on the left of the short-term car park.
If you want to hire a car while you're in Adelaide, head to the ground level of the arrivals terminal. You'll find the car rental desks opposite the baggage claim area.
Things to Do in Adelaide
- Spend a day exploring the River Torrens. Its shores are home to quaint eateries, picturesque grassy knolls and beautiful pathways.
- Visit North Terrace. It's Adelaide's cultural hub and is where you'll find the city's Art Gallery, State Library, Botanic Gardens and war memorials.
- Eat your heart out at the Adelaide Central Market. It attracts around 8 million visitors each year and boasts over 80 produce stalls. Go here if you want to sample some of Australia's best fruits, meats, vegetables and seafood.
- Escape to the Adelaide Hills. Only a short drive from the city, you'll find beautiful scenery, walking trails and indigenous plant life.
Adelaide Domestic and International Airport (ADL)
Adelaide International Airport welcomes domestic, international and regional flights each day. The airport is conveniently located just 7 km's from Adelaide's city centre. Buses, taxis and cars are available for hire at the airport terminal.