Compare Cheap Flights from Melbourne to Adelaide, Australia
Looking for cheap flights to Adelaide from Melbourne? Use Webjet's deal finder to help you compare flights, carriers and seating classes all year round. You'll be sure to find the right flight to match your budget, plans and travel preferences.
*Prices on this page are subject to change without notice, perform a search to view live pricing. Prices are inclusive of taxes and airline surcharges. Webjet fees per flight booking: Webjet Servicing Fee: Domestic $21.95, NZ/Pacific $24.95, International $32.95. Booking Price Guarantee: Domestic $12.95, NZ/Pacific $14.95, International $21.95. Varying payment fees are included in the price breakdown on Webjet’s checkout page, once your payment method has been selected.
Flight prices are indicative, based on passenger numbers and may vary dependent on your individual flight dates. Prices were found by customers on the date in the right hand column labelled "Last Search Update" and may vary. Complete a new search to view live pricing.
Cheap Melbourne to Adelaide Flights
Want to escape Melbourne for a weekend of mouth-watering food and award-winning wine?
Then get ready to pack your bags for Adelaide! The capital of South Australia is also the wine capital of the world and is overflowing with art, shopping and world-class events.
Book your non-stop flight from Melbourne to Adelaide with either Qantas, Virgin Australia, Tiger Airways or Jetstar. In just 1hr 15min, you'll be exploring the city's 30 km of beaches, and it's fresco eating culture.
All that's left to do now is to schedule in your trip! Choose from 188 flights a week and find the perfect itinerary for your travelling needs.
Ready to hit the clouds? Here's everything you need to know about flying from Melbourne to Adelaide!
Departing from Melbourne Airport
Getting to Melbourne Airport
The cheapest way to get from the city to Melbourne Airport is with the public bus. Hop on board routes 478, 479, 482 or 901, and you'll arrive outside the transport hub by terminal 4.
Catching a red-eye flight? Use Melbourne's 24-hour SkyBus. It departs every 10 minutes from the city centre and will only set you back AUD 19 for a one-way trip.
Taxis and ridesharing services will drop you off along the T4 Transport Hub zone on level 1 or along Departure Drive.
Melbourne Airport also has three parking options. The Value Car Park is perfect for travellers on a budget, while the Long Term Park and premium Terminal Car Park are ideal for longer trips and added convenience.
Which Domestic Terminal Will Your Melbourne to Adelaide Flight Depart From?
- If you're flying with Qantas, your flight will depart from Terminal 1.
- Virgin Australia flights leave from Terminal 3.
- Jetstar and Tigerair flights to Perth depart from Terminal 4.
All three terminals have restaurants, bars, shops, lounges and free WiFi available for all passengers.
Arriving at Adelaide Airport
Getting from Adelaide Airport to Your Hotel
If you want to use public transport to get to and from Adelaide Airport, hop on board the JetBus or JetExpress service. It runs daily from the airport to the city and tickets can be purchased from the bus drivers.
On a budget? Use the Airport City Shuttle. For only AUD 10 one-way, you'll be fetched from the airport and dropped off outside your hotel. Shuttles leave every 30 minutes, and you can book your spot on arrival at the Information and Tourism Bookings Booth.
The most convenient way to get to and from Adelaide Airport is with a cab. You'll find the taxi ranks outside of the terminal to the left of the pedestrian plaza. Ride-sharing services are also available, and the pickup area is to the left of the short-term car park.
Want to hire a car while you're in Adelaide? Head to the car rental desks on the ground level of the terminal across from the baggage claim area.
Things to Do in Adelaide
- Visit the River Torrens. It's the city's most significant river and is home to meandering pathways, quaint eateries and picturesque grassy knolls.
- Explore North Terrace - Adelaide cultural hub. Here you'll find the city's Art Gallery, State Library, war memorials, Adelaide Botanic Gardens, the Mortlock Library and so much more!
- Head to The Adelaide Central Market. It's one of the city's most popular landmarks, pulling around 8 million visitors each year. Spend an afternoon browsing the 80 produce stalls and discover some of Australia's tastiest fruits, meats, vegetables, seafood, freshly baked bread and delicious coffee.
- No matter when you visit, you'll be able to find an artisan market to visit. Adelaide boasts twilight markets, vintage markets, Christmas markets, weekend markets and week-day markets.
- Escape to the picturesque Adelaide Hills. Only a short drive from the CBD, you'll find yourself overlooking the Piccadilly Valley. Get lost on one of the walking trails and take in the city's beautiful scenery and plant life.
Adelaide Domestic and International Airport (ADL)
Adelaide International Airport welcomes domestic, international and regional flights each day. The airport is conveniently located just 7 km's from Adelaide's city centre. Buses, taxis and cars are available for hire at the airport terminal.