Compare Cheap Flights from Cairns to Adelaide, Australia
Looking for cheap flights to Adelaide from Cairns? Use Webjet's deal finder to help you compare flights, carriers and seating classes all year round. You'll be sure to find the right flight to match your budget, plans and travel preferences.
*Prices on this page are subject to change without notice, perform a search to view live pricing. Prices are inclusive of taxes and airline surcharges. Webjet fees per flight booking: Webjet Servicing Fee: Domestic $21.95, NZ/Pacific $24.95, International $32.95. Booking Price Guarantee: Domestic $12.95, NZ/Pacific $14.95, International $21.95. Varying payment fees are included in the price breakdown on Webjet’s checkout page, once your payment method has been selected.
^Flight prices are indicative, based on passenger numbers and may vary dependent on your individual flight dates. Prices were found by customers on the date in the right hand column labelled "Last Updated" and may vary. Complete a new search to view live pricing.
Cheap Cairns to Adelaide Flights
Adelaide is one of Australia's best city breaks. It's renowned as a top food and wine destination and plays host to countless festivals throughout the year.
With nine flights a week from Cairns to Adelaide, you can discover this part of South Australia in just 3h 10min. Book your trip with either Jetstar, Qantas or Virgin Australia and use Webjet to find the cheapest dates to fly.
Ready to head for the skies? Here's everything you need to know about flying from Cairns to Adelaide without a hitch.
Departing from Cairns Airport
All flights from Cairns to Adelaide will depart from the domestic terminal. Inside you'll find a departure lounge with free WiFi, restaurants, shops and ATMs.
Getting to Cairns Airport
Take the local bus. A regular service runs from the city centre to the Sheridan Street bus stop where you can catch the Airport Connector for only AUD 4.
If you're staying at select hostels or hotels in Cairns, you can use the airport shuttle bus. A one-way trip from the city will cost between AUD 15-17 per person.
Metered taxis and ride-sharing services like Uber are also available, but the most expensive.
Parking at Cairns Airport
If you want to leave your car at the airport, reserve your space online. You'll save 40% on the total price.
- The Weekender: This parking lot is the perfect option for short trips to Adelaide. It's close to the terminal building and rates for the weekend are only AUD 55.
- Weekly Stay: For longer trips away, you'll find much more favourable rates here. Prices for a seven-day stay start at AUD 77.
Arriving at Adelaide Airport
Getting from Adelaide Airport to Your Hotel
The most affordable way to get to the city centre is with the Airport City Shuttle. A one-way trip costs AUD 10, and you'll be dropped off outside of your hotel.
Another budget-friendly option is the local bus. JetBus and JetExpress both run regular services to and from Adelaide Airport.
If you don't want to waste any time getting to your hotel, take a cab. The taxi rank is located to the left of the pedestrian plaza, or you can use the airport's free WiFi to request a ride with Uber.
For travellers that want to hire a car, head to the ground level of the arrivals terminal. You'll find several car companies here with a variety of options to choose from.
Things to Do in Adelaide
- Wander around the River Torrens. Its shoreline boasts picturesque grassy knolls, scenic trails and delicious eateries.
- Learn about Adelaide's past. Go to North Terrace and visit the city's war memorials, State Library and Art Gallery.
- Experience Adelaide's foodie scene at its best. The Adelaide Central Market has been around for over 100 years and has 80 stalls, cafes and restaurants for you to explore.
- Get out of the city and visit Adelaide Hills. It's only a short drive away and is full of beautiful hiking trails and scenery.