Discover Townsville North Queensland
You don’t have to dig deep or go far to uncover a nature lover's paradise in Townsville North Queensland
Explore a romantic village nestled in the rainforest, discover the magic of the Great Barrier Reef, fall in love with the vastness of the Australian outback, ease into the island lifestyle on Magnetic Island, encounter native wildlife, be intrigued by the region's rich history and experience waterfalls that will leave you breathless.
Top 10 Must Do’s in Townsville North Queensland
Make sure you tick these experiences off your list when you visit!
- Lounge on any of Magnetic Island’s 23 golden beaches and bays, hike over 20km of National Park trails, and be sure to keep an eye on the ground during the Forts Walk where visitors often leave makeshift arrows with stray branches to point out sleepy koalas.
- Townsville North Queensland is the perfect place to dive in and explore the Great Barrier Reef, giving snorkelers and divers access to some of the world’s most spectacular coral and marine life.
- Experience nature’s very own giant drop with a trip to Wallaman Falls, just 2.5 hours north of Townsville. Standing at 268 metres tall, the Falls sit pretty amongst the rainforest and is a sight to behold all year round.
- Try Australia’s best breakfast at Jam on Palmer Street, taste Rambutan’s South American-inspired menu by the rooftop pool or enjoy something sweet with a view at Herveys Range Heritage Team Rooms.
- Venture through Townsville City to visit a range of galleries or simply wander the streets to uncover unique mega-art installations amongst the streets and laneways. Outside Townsville, visit the amazing 42-metre long Mercer Lane mosaic in Ingham, the Heritage Town Walk in Ayr, or spot some heritage buildings and murals in Charters Towers.
- A visit to Townsville isn’t complete without taking in the views atop Castle Hill. Drive up to the lookout or join the 2,500+ locals that tackle the terrain on foot each day, with several walking tracks on offer. Top tip: be sure to have your camera in hand to experience an insta-worthy sunrise or sunset!
- Experience a truly authentic outback encounter with Texas Longhorn Wagon Tours and Safaris, where you can meet JR, the 2013 Guinness World Record Holder for longest horns, measuring close to three metres from tip to tip!
- Explore the shipwrecks of Magnetic Island on a sunset tour with Aquascene Charters. Discover the stories of these beautiful boats and cruise along the stunning Island shoreline.
- Head to the Strand. You'll be hard pressed to find any 'must do' list for Townsville without this local hot spot! The Strand, is thriving beach foreshore with 2.5km of walkway, stunning views across to Magnetic Island, outdoor gym equipment, a waterpark and more playgrounds than the kids will know what to do with.
- The SS Yongala is a total bucket-list shipwreck, but if you haven't got a dive certification yet, you can start from scratch and tick off all the certifications in one trip with Adrenalin Snorkleand Dive or Yongala Dive.
Terms and Conditions:
Coupon code: Offer valid from 00:01 18th March 2019 - 14th April 2019 (AEDT) and is valid for Townsville, Australia packages only. Your $75 code TOWNSVILLE can be redeemed at https://packages.webjet.com.au/packages/ and through the App. Select your preferred package and enter the code in the coupon code field on the payment page and we’ll pay $75 (a minimum spend of $1,500 applies) of your total package booking cost. Package coupon codes are redeemable on package bookings only, booked at https://packages.webjet.com.au/packages/ or through the App. Read our full Coupon Code Terms & Conditions. Webjet’s standard bookings Terms and Conditions apply.