Townsville North Queensland
Uncover Your Very Own Perfect Paradise
Boasting more than 300 days of sunshine each year, Townsville North Queensland is a place where all of Australia’s most iconic natural landscapes merge.
From the awe of the vast Australian outback, to the magical wonder of the Great Barrier Reef; from stunning Heritage-listed rainforests to enjoying endless summer days on our very own tropical island paradise, Magnetic Island.
Top 5 Must Do’s in Townsville North Queensland
Come alive as you explore the region’s top five must do’s in Townsville North Queensland
1. Lounge on any of Magnetic Island’s 23 golden beaches and bays, or hike one of the many National Park trails. Be sure to keep an eye on the ground during the Forts Walk where visitors often leave makeshift arrows with branches/twigs to point out sleepy koalas in the trees above.
2. Dive deeper and explore the pristine underwater wonderland of the Great Barrier Reef, giving snorkelers and divers access to some of the world’s most spectacular coral and marine life right on our doorstep.
3. Take in the awe-inspiring Wallaman Falls, the southern hemisphere’s largest single-drop waterfall, just 2.5 hours north of Townsville. Standing at 268 metres tall, the Falls sit pretty amongst the Heritage-listed rainforest and is a sight to behold all year round.
4. Experience a truly authentic outback encounter with Texas Longhorn Wagon Tours and Safaris, where you can meet JR, the 2013 Guinness World Record Holder for longest horns, measuring close to three metres from tip to tip!
5. The SS Yongala is a total bucket-list shipwreck, but if you haven't got a dive certification yet, you can start from scratch and tick off all the certifications in one trip with Adrenalin Snorkel and Dive or Yongala Dive.
Plan Your Travels Around One of Our World-Class Events!
Whether you’re into art, food, fast cars or getting active (on the land or sea), Townsville North Queensland has something for everyone!
- Immerse yourself in a host of cultural experiences with something suit the whole family. Celebrating 30 years, the Australian Festival of Chamber Music will grace Townsville with their sweet sounds, while the highly successful North Australian Festival of Arts, HALO Lighting Show, and the Northern Fringe Festival all make a return in 2020.
- Home to Australia’s newest stadium, Townsville’s own Queensland Country Bank stadium will host some of the region’s biggest events. Opening with Elton John’s Farewell Yellow Brick Road concert and then a full season of hard-hitting rugby league when the North Queensland Toyota Cowboys christen their new home in the 2020 NRL Premiership.
- Looking for something to get active – from first timers to endurance enthusiasts, there’s an event to suit every fitness level and all set against Townsville North Queensland’s most spectacular landscapes. The Intersport Townsville Triathlon and Multisport Festival, and the McDonalds’ Townsville Running Festival are two not-to-be-missed.
Terms and Conditions:
Package Coupon code: Offer valid from 00:01 1st February 2020 - 15th March 2020 (AEDT) and is valid for Townsville, Australia packages only. Your $75 code TOWNSVILLE can be redeemed at https://packages.webjet.com.au/packages/ and through the App. Select your preferred package and enter the code in the coupon code field on the payment page and we’ll pay $75 (a minimum spend of $1,500 applies) of your total package booking cost. Package coupon codes are redeemable on package bookings only, booked at https://packages.webjet.com.au/packages/ or through the App. Read our full Coupon Code Terms & Conditions. Webjet’s standard bookings Terms and Conditions apply.