Webjet's Destination Guides
Something extraordinary can remind us of what life is all about. Escaping the everyday ‘ordinary’ and reconnecting with the ones you love somewhere extraordinary is how memories are made. Experience Western Australia for your next escape where extraordinary lives with you forever.
Images (Perth Kings Park, Broome sunset camels, Boranup Forest)
HEADING TWO: There’s so much that makes Western Australia extraordinary
Famous for its endless sunshine and brilliant beaches, Western Australia boasts a diversity of landscapes and experiences that are unique to this extraordinary State. From the epic landscapes of Broome and the Kimberley, to the vibrant city life and cultural backdrop of Perth; to the gourmet-lovers paradise of the Margaret River Wine Region – there's so much that makes Western Australia extraordinary.
And now is the perfect time to book your trip to Western Australia with glorious warm days and balmy nights in Broome and the Kimberley; to the sunny days and cool nights of autumn in Perth and Margaret River.
Images (Perth sunset, Margaret River, Pearl Lugger)
HEADING THREE: Some of the best on offer in Western Australia
Perth and surrounds
Australia’s sunniest capital Perth has more hours of sunshine than pretty much anywhere, and just as many ways to enjoy them.
• Join the buzz of excitement in Perth, with new bars, restaurants, retail outlets and cultural spaces adding to the stunning natural surroundings.
• Swim with wild dolphins in Rockingham, 45 minutes south of Perth.
• Live like a local and head over to picturesque Rottnest Island to spend your days swimming at one of the many pristine beaches and bays.
• Home to one of the largest inner city parks in the world, discover Kings Park only a short walk or free bus ride from the city centre.
Broome and the Kimberley
Soak up the sun in Broome, gateway to Western Australia’s stunning Kimberley region and one of Australia’s favourite holiday destinations.
• Ride the spectacular Horizontal Waterfalls in the Kimberley, the only two waterfalls on earth which fall sideways.
• Take a camel train and enjoy the most amazing ocean sunset in the world at Cable Beach, Broome
• Shop ‘til you drop at the local Broome pearl showrooms.
• Discover the Dampier Peninsula, beyond Broome for indigenous tours, art and unique beachfront accommodation.
Margaret River and South West
With an array of unique dining opportunities all celebrating local produce, you will be spoilt for choice in Margaret River and the South West.
• Indulge at Margaret River - Australia’s only wine region that boasts premium wines, sensational surf, caves and tall tree forests
• Try some bush tucker and discover new flavours and fascinating facts about Indigenous food
• Discover one of WA’s best kept foodie secrets is the black truffle industry in the South West town of Manjimup.
Images ( Horizontal Waterfalls, Perth aviary, Albany couple)