East meets West competition terms and conditions
Webjet's Destination Guides
How to Enter:
To be in the running to win two (2) return economy flights to your choice between Los Angeles or Abu Dhabi flying V Australia read the following:
Entry into the competition can be made via the following method:
1. You must make any flight booking which includes Virgin Australia, Pacific Blue, V Australia or Virgin Atlantic to be in running to win two (2) return economy flights to winner’s choice of Los Angeles or Abu Dhabi flying V Australia.
2. Every additional flight booking made within the promotional period that contains a Virgin Australia, Pacific Blue, V Australia or Virgin Atlantic, will earn you one (1) bonus entry to the competition. There are no limits on the number of entries.
The prize is final, not transferable and cannot be exchanged for cash or traded for flights/car hire package. Any unused portion of the prize is not redeemable in cash or in kind and the prize nights must be taken consecutively within one booking only.
Each and every promotional email you receive from Webjet will have a secure link at the bottom which will remove you from our marketing database if you choose.
Conditions of entry:
Information on how to enter and prizes forms part of these conditions of entry.
- Entry is limited to residents of Australia and New Zealand over the age of 18 years except employees of the Promoter and its agencies associated with this promotion and their immediate families.
- Prize conditions:
· The flights are non-redeemable for cash.
· Travel is on confirmed space (i.e. we won’t bump you off your flight) but is still subject to seat availability at the time of booking.
· Tickets are non transferable (i.e. no name change is allowed).
· Tickets are for departures from Melbourne, Sydney, Cairns, Brisbane, Perth, Adelaide, Canberra, Gold Coast, Darwin and Hobart airports only. It is the prize winners own expense to reach one of these airports.
· Blackout periods apply during school holiday; nationwide holidays and flights are subject to availability.
· All flights must be booked and ticketed by 31 July 2011 (this expiry will not be extended).
· All flights must be fully travelled by 31 December 2011 (this expiry will not be extended).
· All bookings need to be made at least 7 days prior to travel.
· Changes to flight details once booked will incur a $50 change fee per guest change.
· Virgin Australia’s normal terms and conditions of carriage apply.
· Any credit received from a booking cancellation will be held and can be used for future travel for up to 12 months from the original booking date.
· Passengers who do not notify Virgin Australia at least 24 hours prior to departure or no show for a flight will forfeit the prize tickets.
(a) Winner will receive two (2) return economy flights to their choice between Los Angeles or Abu Dhabi flying V Australia.
(b) Each ticket is worth $2400AUD. Total prize value is $4800 including taxes.
- Promotion commences on the 10 February 2011; entries close at midnight AEST 11 April 2011.
- Draw details: The competition will be drawn at midday commencing 13 April 2011. The draw will take place at: Webjet Marketing Pty Ltd, Level 9, 492 St Kilda Rd Melbourne. The prize winners will be the first valid entry drawn at random.
- Judges' decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. The Promoter, in its absolute discretion, reserves the right to verify the validity of all entries and to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process.
- Entering the competition also adds your details to the Webjet Mail list – keeping you up to date with the latest domestic and international travel deals.
- All prizes are not redeemable for cash or transferable in full or in part. All travel must be booked at one time within three months of the competition draw date. Once flights have been booked and flight tickets are issued, the winner is responsible for any costs associated with subsequent itinerary changes, cancellations, amendments or other administration charges.
- The prize winner will be contacted by the Promoter via email on the 13 April 2011. The winner will be published in The Australian Newspaper 20 April 2011.
- All entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt into Webjet’s database NOT time of transmission by the entrant.
- Any costs in excess of the value of the Prize are the responsibility of the winner. Excess amounts will be paid by the winner in full at the time of booking flights prior to tickets being issued.
12. Three (3) attempts over a 2 week period will be made to contact the prize winner(s). If the prize remains unclaimed, the promoter will conduct ALL second chance draw(s) at midday 11 July 2011 subject to regulatory authority. Any second chance draw will be held at Webjet Marketing Pty Ltd, Level 9, 492 St. Kilda Road Melbourne the second chance draw winners will be contacted by the Promoter via email ALL second chance draw winners will be published in The Australian newspaper 20 July 2011.
13. The entrant releases from and indemnifies the Promoter against all liability, cost, loss or expense arising out of the entrant’s participation in the Promotion, or breach of these terms and conditions, including (but not limited to) loss of income, personal injury and damage to property and whether direct or consequential, foreseeable, due to some negligent act or omission or otherwise.
14. The Promoter is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, either caused by the entrant or for any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in this competition, or for any technical error, or any combination thereof that may occur in the course of the administration of this competition including any omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line or telephone, mobile or satellite network failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries.
15. Prize, or any unused portion of the prize, is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash. No responsibility is accepted for any variation in the value of the prize. Any portion of the prize unused will be forfeited.
16. No responsibility accepted for late, lost or misdirected entries.
18. The Promoter is Webjet Marketing PTY LTD, ABN: 84 063 430 848. 492, Level 9 St. Kilda Rd Melbourne 3004. The officers, management and employees (or immediate family of an officer, manager or employee) of Webjet Marketing Pty Ltd, the Promoter, are not eligible to enter.
19. If for any reason this competition is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupt or affect the administration security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this competition, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process. The Promoter assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of, entries. The Promoter is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or entry to be received by the Promoter on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in this competition.
Permit numbers: ACT TP 11/00387 NSW permit number LTPS/11/00818