Now more than ever, Australia needs your support.
The bushfires across Australia have had devastating effects, particularly in New South Wales, South Australia and Victoria. Lives have been lost, and the toll on Australia’s livestock and native wildlife populations is devastating.
As well as monetary donations, visiting these affected regions, staying at local accommodation and buying local produce are also great ways to show your support.
These efforts are especially impactful as fire-affected towns and communities look towards rebuilding and re-establishing their local economies in the months, and years, to come.
Tourism is vital for these regional communities to rebuild.
Let's go, so they can grow.
If you would like more information about how you can help, show your support or donate, consider doing so through one of the Australian charities or organisations listed below:
- NSW Rural Fire Service: https://www.rfs.nsw.gov.au/about-us/fundraising
- Country Fire Authority: https://www.cfa.vic.gov.au/about/supporting-cfa
- Red Cross Australia: https://www.redcross.org.au/campaigns/disaster-relief-and-recovery-donate
- Salvation Army: https://www.salvationarmy.org.au/donate/make-a-donation/donate-online/?appeal=disasterappeal
- WIRES Australian Wildlife Rescue: https://www.wires.org.au
If your travel plans have been affected by the bushfires, please contact us for support, and if you have purchased travel insurance with us, contact our insurance provider.
For updated information on current emergency alerts in each state, please visit the links below:
- Victoria: VIC Emergency http://emergency.vic.gov.au/respond/
- New South Wales: Rural Fire Service https://www.rfs.nsw.gov.au/fire-information/fires-near-me
- Queensland: Queensland Fire and Emergency Services https://www.qfes.qld.gov.au/Pages/default.aspx
- South Australia: Country Fire Service https://www.cfs.sa.gov.au/site/home.jsp
- Tasmania: Tasmania Fire Service http://www.fire.tas.gov.au/Show?pageId=colCurrentBushfires
- Western Australia: Emergency WA https://www.emergency.wa.gov.au/
- Northern Territory: NT Police, Fire and Emergency Services https://www.pfes.nt.gov.au/incidentmap/
- Australian Capital Territory: ACT Emergency Services https://esa.act.gov.au/
From attending benefits and fundraising shows to supporting regional businesses, read more about other ways you can help the Australian bushfire relief here.